Welcome to the Galax High School SAT Test Center.
Due to the COVID-19 virus, please review the following guidelines for the October 3, 2020 test administration.
- If you are not feeling well the day of the SAT test, please stay home. College Board will work with you to change testing dates.
2. Students should park in the west end parking lot; signs will provide direction.
3. Only one entrance will be available to students. It is located on the west end of the building; signs will provide direction.
4. Students, as well as staff, are required to wear a face covering at all times while in the test center. Students who remove their
masks while in the center and refuse to put them back on will be dismissed and your scores will be canceled.
5. Students will enter the test center one at a time:
*Temperatures will be taken. If a temperature reads 100.4 degrees, students will NOT be admitted
*Students must also agree to the following 5 statements. Students who do not agree to all statements will NOT be admitted:
1. In the past 14 days, you have not come into close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has a positive COVID-19 test or
is presumed to have COVID-19.
2. You do not have COVID-19 or reason to believe you have COVID-19. Symptoms of COVID-19 include cough, fever, chills, muscle
pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
3. To your knowledge, you are not violating any travel restrictions or quarantining requirements.
4. You agree to wear a mask the entire time you’re at this test site and follow instructions from testing staff.
5. We have taken measures to help create a safe testing environment; however, it isn’t possible to entirely remove the risk of
COVID-19 exposure. by entering the testing room, you’re accepting that risk.
6. Students will remain 6 feet apart while traveling to their testing room and while waiting to be admitted to the test room. Designations will be marked on the floor.
7. Limited mobility during breaks will be enforced. Students will remain in test rooms to eat snacks.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Kevie Ayers.